Wednesday 18 November 2009

The airport

So I woke up this morning and read another article about some politician complaining about Modern warfare 2's Airport level and decided that I should check it out myself. I jumped onto youtube and wasn't surprised to find over 30 videos have already been added of the level all of which we're basically the same, none of the players had even thought to keep thier fingers off the trigger button instead they blasted away at all those innocent digital people.

So I thought I would add the video here as its a powerful peice of imagery that brought up a myriad of emotions in myself from surprise to disgust.

So check it out but please be aware this isnt mario things are pretty real.

1 comment:

  1. I played this section of the game today, and although it is pretty brutal - it fits with the narrative pretty well and is very far from being deserved of all the blasting its getting.

    No one bats an eyelid when people are getting dismembered in Saw, or being eaten alive by dogs in Sin City. It's about playing with human emotion. There is a line that shouldn't be crossed, but this game is far from it.

    ReplyDelete